* 1 small butternut squash
* 4 medium carrotts
* 2 medium parsnips
* 1 medium onion
* 2 garlic gloves
* 1 litre boiled water
* 1 vegetable stock cube
* freshly ground black peppar
* natural yoghurt (to garnish)
* fresh chives (to garnish)
1) Peel the butternut squash, cut it in half and then scoop out the seeds and discard. Chop up the squash into approx 3cm chunks.
2) Peel the parsnips and carrots and cut them into approx 2cm slices.
3) Peel and roughly chop the onion and the garlic.
4) Heat the oil in a large non-stick saucepan and gently fry the onion and garlic for approx 10 mins, until soft and lightly coloured. Stir in the butternut squash, carrots and parsnips.
5) Pour the boiled water over the vegetables and crumble the stock cube on top and bring to the boil, then simmer the vegetables for apporx 30 mins until they are compeltely tender.
6) Remove the saucepan from the heat and blitz the soup with a blender until smooth. Warm the soup through, then ladle it into warmed bowls. Season with the black pepper and top with yoghurt and chives.